Hot Rolled Steel Edge Conditioning
Hot Rolled Steel Edge Conditioning is a process in which the edge of a steel coil is rolled to a desired shape to make the edge safe for exposed applications. This process can also put a complete radius on the steel strip for applications needing a full round edging.
The Benefits of Metal Coil Edge Conditioning
The benefits of edge rolling steel products have plenty of benefits, including:
- Removing sharp, dangerous burrs
- Producing smooth, round edges
- Increasing safe handling
- Reducing liability
Manually removing the edge burr was once a time-intensive process that resulted in uneven edges in steel. Edge conditioning machines make this process fast, consistent, and safe. Through the edge conditioning process, sharp edges and imperfections along the edge of metal are removed from the finished product. These edges and imperfections are a result from cutting and slitting the metal. Edge conditioning produces a deburred edge that results in a safer, more uniform product that is much easier to fabricate.
The Types of Steel We Work With
Consolidated Metal Service, Inc. has the capabilities to work with the following metal / steel:
- Cold rolled steel
- Hot rolled steel
- HRPO steel
- Stainless steel
- Galvanized steel
- High carbon steel
In addition to custom slitting metals and edging capabilities, other services provided by Consolidated Metal Service, Inc. include:
- Cold Rolled Steel Edging – removing slitting burrs from the edge of steel coil and rolling the edge into a desired shape.
- Cold Rolled Steel Toll Processing – slitting and edging your coiled metal inventory which you can drop-ship to our location.
- Local & Cross-Country Shipping – providing local delivery with our own fleet and cross-country shipping through national providers.
Requesting a quote is a great way to get started
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have about our services and products…