Aluminum Coil Slitting
We can slit aluminum as narrow as .250 inches and as wide as 48 inches!
At Consolidated Metal Service, Inc., we offer aluminum coil slitting with a special emphasis on narrow slit coil whether the aluminum is from our own inventory or from yours.
Aluminum Slitting Process
Rolls of aluminum are fed through slitting machines where extremely sharp blades make precise cuts. Some grades of aluminum slit easily, while others can be challenging. A large amount of force is applied on the metal. Once the force surpasses the tensile strength of the aluminum, slitters cut the roll into smaller pieces.
The aluminum is placed in an uncoiler and then moved through a set of rotary knives to begin the slitting process. The knives are set according to the desired width provided by the customer’s requirements and also the proper clearance to achieve the highest quality slit edge. The cut steel is then measured by our team of professionals for quality assurance. The material is then placed through separators to guide the slit material to the recoiler.
The aluminum is then rolled back into a coil and packaged so it can be ready to be shipped to customers. Our capabilities can help transform your aluminum and steel products to suit any project specifications. We can slit aluminum as narrow as .250 inches and as wide as 48 inches.
Benefits of Aluminum Coil Slitting
- Precision Cutting: Each job has its own specifications and size requirements. With our aluminum slitting machines, we are able to set predetermined sizes. We also ensure there are no jagged edges, no dents, and no mistakes.
- Decreased Lead Times: We’re able to meet your project requirements and make sure you meet your deadlines. Our state-of-the-art equipment allows us to decrease lead times on all metal slitting projects, meeting your goals and allowing your team to finish the job.
- Custom Solutions: Our high-quality coil processing system allows us to slit aluminum and sheet metal coils of almost every type. Whether it’s painted steel, stainless steel coil, anodized, mill finished, or aluminum tread.
In addition to custom slitting metals, other metal processing and slitting services provided by Consolidated Metal Service, Inc. include:
- Cold Rolled Steel Edging – removing slitting burrs from the edge of steel coil and rolling the edge into a desired shape.
- Cold Rolled Steel Toll Processing – slitting and edging your coiled metal inventory which you can drop-ship to our location.
- Local & Cross-Country Shipping – providing local delivery with our own fleet and cross-country shipping through national providers.
Requesting a quote is a great way to get started
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have about our services and products…